Here to Help the Industry Grow
The Scuba Industries Trade Association aims to represent the Manufacturers, Distributors, Retailers, Training Organisations, Registered Dive Schools, Dive Boat Charter Operators, Journals, Travel Organisations and recognised, approved Marine Charities, relating to the Scuba Industry. The Scuba Industries Trade Association Limited (by guarantee) is governed by the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Aims & Objectives
The Aims and Objectives are as set out in the Memorandum of Association. The Aims and Objectives set out below are without prejudice to the generality of Clause 3 of the Memorandum.
- To promote, market and represent the Manufacture, Retail and Training sectors of the Scuba Diving Industry and to advise on Government and Local Authority Regulations and to work together to improve the safety standards and encompass the Conservation aspect in Scuba Diving.
- To assist with the development of standards and to ensure that where possible member companies comply with relevant standards.
- To afford member companies an opportunity for the interchange of views on any matters generally affecting Scuba Diving.
- To represent member companies whenever the occasion to arises.
- To promote, develop and protect the interests of the Scuba Industry; to promote and originate improvements in the law in any way affecting the Scuba Industry, and to support or oppose alterations therein; to effect improvements in administration; and for purposes aforesaid to support or oppose any proceedings in Parliament or elsewhere and to take such steps (if any) as may be deemed necessary or expedient.
- To take, defend, contribute to, or assist in any proceedings by or against any Member of the Scuba Industries Trade Association itself in which the general rights or interest of the Scuba Industries Trade Association may be involved or affected.
- To promote, or support, any paper, journal. magazine or other publication supporting the aims of the Scuba Industry and to undertake by means as members may from time to time determine, measures to promote and develop the Scuba Industry by means of exhibitions, fairs and other publicity methods.